Thursday, November 08, 2007

New York City has Hills?

"One Tough Course" - One cool thing about running two back-to-back marathons in 30 days is that the usual "post marathon depression" never came. You REALLY ARE OVER RUNNING MARATHONS at this point.

But I survived, and achieved my goal which was go have a good time and finish in a respectable time, 4:43:02. I ran with my Boston running buddy Silvia for nearly 21 miles, but my feet really began to hurt and I couldn't help but slow down as I ran (more like shuffled) the last 3 uphill miles through Central Park... Silvia managed to record her personal best of 4:29 and some change!

So for 2007, there will be no PR's, rather feelings of contentment in finishing both marathons, each of which posed different and unexpected challenges. Thanks to all who donated to the National MS Society - a total of $6,000 was raised. To all of you, I toast you and thank you for your wonderful generosity as we try to find a cure for MS.

No comments: