Sunday, February 19, 2012

Time for Ironman

July 17, 2011, after having completed my first Half Ironman race in Racine, was the day I declared at the finish line, "That was the most difficult thing I have ever done" and "I'll never do an Ironman". Somehow I forgot those words and on November 6 I found myself  poised and ready to push the button to claim one of very few spots that were available online for Ironman Florida 2012. The race sold out in 16 minutes, and yours truly had no problem getting a coveted spot. Destiny! Nearly three months later, I find myself preparing for the day I will swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, and run 26.2 miles in Panama City, Florida on November 3, 2012. It has been roughly six years since I began to wonder if I could do an Ironman. My time has finally come!  So I am praying to the triathlon gods, for no injuries, a great racing season, and to make it across that finish line in November!

BTW, meet Eli, my new climbing companion who will help me navigate the beautiful but challenging mountains of Western North Carolina. Trek Madone 4.5 WSD triple. Named after Eli Manning, Super Bowl MVP and who helped me win my football pool and purchase a new road bike! Let's roll!

No comments: